Are YOU seeking a job where you can utilize your medical billing and coding skills in a creative and unique way? Are you interested in working for a Fantastic company that knows the value of their employees? We welcome those that answered “yes” and are willing to apply! Accuracy and strong attention to detail required!
Coding Certification with a minimum of 5 years experience required
- Follow Coding/Billing SOP, protocols and guidelines for each carrier.
- Monitor and review coding/billing spreadsheet and ensure appropriate quality standards (including CPT, ICD-9, and HCPCS codes) are met.
- Ensure the accuracy of coding in an effort to alleviate any insurance denials or rejections.
- Review structured clinical data, matching it against specified medical terms and diagnoses or procedure codes and follow established procedures for submitting claims.
- Verifies and checks claims are processed according to LCD's and other medical policy guidelines.
- Attach/upload incoming information to database and follow establish procedures for distributing information for further review. Document all pertinent information and communications in database.
- Follow up in Clearinghouse to see if all claims are accepted or rejected
- Review coding rejections and make corrections needed to the claims.
- Run monthly reports to ensure monthly reconciliation. No claim can be missed for timely filing.
- When communicating with patients and payers always use the utmost respect and professionalism..
- Constantly adapt and seek opportunities to improve the billing and coding processes.
- Track and inform direct supervisor of all ongoing missing information issues, especially pre-certs, verification's and consents.
- Make sure CEU’s are maintained for Certification. Company will reimburse with prior approval.
- Professional Coding Certification (i.e. CPC, CCS-P, CPMA) required
- In-depth knowledge of Coding including CPT, ICD-10, and HCPCS codes
- Minimum of 5 years coding experience
- Excellent Verbal and Written skills
- Ability to prioritize work and work independently with minimal supervision
- Responsible and dependable.
- Organized and completes tasks.
- Strong work ethic and flexibility required.
- Must have strong keyboard skills with knowledge of Microsoft OS's and MS Office Suite(Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Analytical skills experience and sound judgment to make decisions.
- Self-motivated problem-solver with professional demeanor
- Knowledge Intraoperative Neuromonitoring coding
- Familiarity with Out of Network billing is a plus!
- Background in Orthopedics, Otolaryngology, Cardiothoracic and/or Neurosurgery a HUGE plus!
- Competitive Pay
- Work schedule: Monday – Friday with flexible start time
- Medical Benefits