GeBBS Healthcare Solutions, an industry leader in Health Information Management (HIM) and Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) solutions, is seeking highly-motivated individuals with a passion for excellence & collaboration, for careers in the healthcare industry.
Job Title: Inpatient Coder
Reports To: Manager, Coding & Consulting Services
GeBBS Healthcare Solutions is actively recruiting for the role of a Remote Inpatient Coder. We are seeking Full-Time Inpatient coders who will work from their home based office. This role will begin as soon as qualified candidates are identified.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assigns ICD-10-CM, and/or CPT/HCPCS codes, as appropriate, and abstract pertinent information from patient record.
- Utilizes technical coding principals and DRG reimbursement expertise to assign appropriate diagnoses and/or procedures
- Ensures optimal reimbursement of all cases in compliance with CMS policies and procedures and Official Coding Guidelines
- Keeps abreast of coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements. Brings and identifies concerns to the auditor and/or to the supervisor
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association
- Adheres to Official Coding Guidelines, CMS policies and regulations and Client’s policies and procedures
- Ensures client’s production and quality expectations are met
- Communicates professionally and effectively with clients, coding staff, and GeBBS corporate staff
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Certification from AHIMA
- 3+ years Inpatient coding experience required
- High-dollar Inpatient Chart experience preferred
- Level 1 Trauma experience preferred
- Successful completion of GeBBS background screening and hiring process
- Successful completion of GeBBS screening exam(s) with a passing score of 80% or above
Why Work at GeBBS?
GeBBS delivers a people-oriented, equal opportunity culture that supports a friendly work environment, innovative ideas, and a benefits-rich employee package.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) at your Full Pay Rate!
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K Eligibility
- GeBBS Computer System supplied!
- Full IT help available 24/7!
We provide strategic solutions to an expanding customer base of healthcare providers, and medical billing companies. With a current staff of over 4,000 professionals, GeBBS is a 7-time Inc. 5000 honoree as one of the nation’s fastest growing companies.
“People are our greatest asset” is much more than just an expression to GeBBS. We make every effort to foster an environment where our teams can find an ideal balance between work and fun. Employees at GeBBS believe in being client-centric, open and ethical, innovative, and outcome-driven.
GeBBS is an equal opportunity employer and believes in creating a supportive and diverse workplace. We want to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, the Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate.
Learn more about GeBBS Healthcare Solutions
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org