ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Accuity Delivery Systems was founded in 2016 with the goal of reinventing the Clinical Documentation Process through MD case review, and MD to MD education. Over the last two years, we have experienced rapid growth and are excited to continue in growing our team in 2019. Learn more about us at www.accds.com
The Inpatient Query Closure/Coding Specialist will evaluate inpatient medical records and accurately assign the appropriate ICD-10 CM/PCS codes based on retrospective query responses we receive from providers. The Inpatient Coder must be proficient in the identification and assignment of all diagnoses, procedures, and treatments within accordance of nationally recognized coding guidelines.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to and maintain required levels of performance in both coding accuracy and productivity in relation to closing queries.
- Appropriate assignment of ICD-10 CM/PCS codes.
- Appropriate assignment of MS-DRGs and APR DRGs through the use of an encoder/grouper.
- Abstract data in accordance with client specifications (i.e., discharge disposition, performing MD, SPARCs) as needed.
- Perform Coding duties as appropriate according to pre-determined schedules.
- Record charts final coded and other relevant tracking information on a daily basis as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date Coding knowledge by reviewing materials disseminated/recommended by the Physician Staff, Coach Auditor, Coding and CDI Leadership.
- Participate in Coding department meetings and educational events as assigned.
- Maintain a collegial working relationship with Coach Auditor, CDIS partners, and Providers.
- Must be able to accept coaching, training, and education on a routine basis as needed.
- Minimum HS Diploma or GED required.
- A.A.S in Medical Coding preferred.
- 3 years of Inpatient medical coding experience (hospital, facility, etc.)
ICD-10 experience required.
- Experience in DRG Assignment
Coding credential required from AHIMA/AAPC (RHIA, RHIT, CCS)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to use a PC in a Windows environment, including MS Word and various EMR systems. Able to research coding questions and utilize ACCDS' internal educational resources. Independent, focused individual able to work remotely or on-site.