Role: Coding and Documentation Education Training Liaison
Assignment: Medicare Risk Adjustment
Location: Jackson, MS
We’re looking for associates who are dedicated to service and believe in following the Golden Rule of treating others the way you want to be treated. Humana was founded on this premise, and this value is reflected in our expectations for providing perfect service to our consumers, providers, employers, agents and others we work with. At Humana, Perfect Service® means getting the basics done right, delivering value and quality, and providing everyone with personalized attention and guidance. We want to engage with our members through every step of their journey to lifelong well-being. This includes meaningful direct consumer interaction and developing positive relationships with healthcare providers. Humana associates provide Perfect Service every day to our members, employers, providers, and colleagues. We’re looking for people who improve their own well-being by looking out for the best interests of others
As a Coding and Documentation Education Training Liaison, you will be responsible for conducting prospective and concurrent reviews for providers in the program. You will gather information from a range of resources provided to give the provider necessary information for diagnosing member conditions.
- High School Diploma
- AAPC Licensure required
- Minimum of 3 years certified coding experience or college degree in lieu of experience
- Excellent Verbal and Written skills
- Demonstrates Professionalism, Self- Management, Responsibility and Accountability
- Problem Solving skills
- Team building skills
- Working knowledge of computers, or a demonstrated technical aptitude and an ability to quickly learn new systems
- Ability to travel 100% of the time. Travel is usually within the city limits, but may exceed that radius from time-to-time. Mileage is reimbursed.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Experience with Risk Adjustment
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office(Word, Excel, Access)
You will report to a Frontline Leader. This area is under the leadership of the SVP & Chief Operating Officer.
Humana is an organization with careers that change lives—including yours. As an innovator in the fast-paced industry of healthcare, we offer our associates careers that challenge, support and inspire them to use their passion for helping others and to lead their best lives. If you’re ready to help people achieve lifelong well-being, and be a part of an organization that is growing and poised to make an impact on the future of healthcare, Humana has the right opportunity for you.