This is an exciting position working in corporate for a major health system as a Physician Billing Auditor:
Offering 3 weeks’ vacation
- Reviews ICD-9-CM coding performed by employed physicians and/or affiliate staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Reviews HCPCS/CPT coding performed by employed physicians and/or affiliate staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Reviews Evaluation and Management (E & M) coding performed by employed physicians and/or affiliate staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Works collaboratively with physicians and affiliate staff to promote and ensure correct and compliant coding and billing practices.
- Performs E & M coding training for employed physicians and affiliate staff, including research, preparation of presentations and maintenance of attendance records.
- May perform E & M mentoring for employed physicians and affiliate staff.
- Prepares detailed reports of review activities.
- Maintains proper computer and written records of all review activity.
- Effectively communicates coding recommendations and reasoning to medical staff members and others. Performs regulatory coding research for Compliance Department, employed physicians and affiliate staff.
- Performs physician RAC coding reviews and prepares appeals when warranted.
- Assists internal and external compliance counsel in external agency investigations as required.
- Corresponds with AMA, etc. with coding questions as necessary.
- May be required to assist in the formation of Corrective Action Plans for the employed physicians and affiliate staff.
- May be required to perform other related duties.
- Must have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have advanced coding education and training with strong foundation in E & M coding.
- Prior E & M physician auditing experience preferred. Prior supervisory experience and/or coding consultant experience preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Coding certification required (CCS, CCS-P, CPC, CPC-H); CEMC, RHIT, RHIA, and/or RN also encouraged
- This is an onsite position...no remote opportunities
Please forward your resume to SCavell@healthsearchgroup.com as a Word doc for consideration.