Job Title: Inpatient Auditor
GeBBS Healthcare Solutions is actively recruiting for a Inpatient Auditor. This is a full-time position, and is anticipated to commence as soon as qualified applicants are identified. The Inpatient Auditor will work remotely and will report to our Manager, Coding and Consulting Services.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide audit services including ICD-9-CM/PCS and ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding, CPT coding, abstracting and DRG and APC reviews in multiple health systems and facilities.
- Ability to successfully perform coding quality reviews to validate correct coding, following GeBBS Corporate Coding Compliance Plan and Quality Review guidelines.
- Provide feedback to coding staff on audit results and provide training on areas where coding compliance is not met.
- Maintain ongoing communication with management, coding staff and clients to ensure target coding compliance goals are met.
- Perform QA reports and prepare data to be used in report preparation.
- Support company Compliance Program by demonstrating adherence to all relevant compliance policies and procedures as evidenced by in-service attendance and daily practice; notifying management when there is a compliance concern or incident; demonstrating knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations as evidenced by appropriate handling of patient information; promoting confidentiality and using discretion when handling patient information.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Certification from AHIMA: Must hold at least one of the following certifications: RHIA, RHIT or CCS.
- AHIMA ICD-10-CM/PCS is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of IPPS and/or OPPS experience is preferred.
- Demonstrates effective time management skills by completing assignments within time constraints and calendar schedule.
- Communicates professionally and effectively with clients, coding staff, and GeBBS corporate staff.
- Successful completion of GeBBS background screening and hiring process.
- Successful completion of GeBBS screening exam(s) with a passing score of 80% or greater.
Why Work at GeBBS?
GeBBS delivers a people-oriented, equal opportunity culture that supports a friendly work environment, innovative ideas, and a benefits-rich employee package.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K Eligibility
We provide strategic solutions to an expanding customer base of healthcare providers, and medical billing companies. With a current staff of over 4,000 professionals, GeBBS is a 7-time Inc. 5000 honoree as one of the nation’s fastest growing companies.
“People are our greatest asset” is much more than just an expression to GeBBS. We make every effort to foster an environment where our teams can find an ideal balance between work and fun. Employees at GeBBS believe in being client-centric, open and ethical, innovative, and outcome-driven.
Equal Opportunity Employer
GeBBS is an equal opportunity employer and believes in creating a supportive and diverse workplace. We want to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, the Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate.