Job Title: Senior Facility Auditor
Reports to: AVP, Client Relations and Solutions
GeBBS Healthcare Solutions is actively recruiting for a Senior Facility Auditor. This is a full-time position, and is anticipated to commence as soon as qualified applicants are identified. The Senior Facility Auditor role will be based from your home-based office, reporting to our AVP, Client Relations and Solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Acts as the primary liaison between the Client’s mid to senior management staff and Managers/Directors of Global Operations.
- Ensures any issues or escalations are addressed in a timely manner and to the Client’s satisfaction. Follow-through to check progress and output consistency.
- Responsible for tracking escalated issues and reporting to the Operations & CRM leadership.
- Monitor productivity and accuracy of coding and QA staff for the clients they support.
- Manage multiple sites and/or health systems.
- Maintains strict physician and patient confidentiality and follows state, federal and hospital guidelines for the release of information.
- Support company Compliance Program by demonstrating adherence to all relevant compliance policies and procedures as evidenced by in-service attendance and daily practice; notifying management when there is a compliance concern or incident; demonstrating knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations as evidenced by appropriate handling of patient information; promoting confidentiality and using discretion when handling patient information.
- Completion of client education & certification program per clients discretion.
- Will travel to client sites within the US and possible travel to India
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Certification from AHIMA: Must hold at least one of the following certifications: RHIA, RHIT or CCS
- Minimum 5 years of Facility coding and audit experience is required.
- Experience with account management and client communication preferred.
- Experience in managing both domestic and global staff is preferred.
- Demonstrates effective time management skills by completing assignments within time constraints and calendar schedule.
- Communicates professionally and effectively with clients, coding staff, and GeBBS corporate staff.
- Successful completion of GeBBS background screening and hiring process.
- Successful completion of GeBBS screening exam(s) with a passing score of 85% or greater.
Why Work at GeBBS?
GeBBS delivers a people-oriented, equal opportunity culture that supports a friendly work environment, innovative ideas, and a benefits-rich employee package.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K Eligibility
We provide strategic solutions to an expanding customer base of healthcare providers, and medical billing companies. With a current staff of over 4,000 professionals, GeBBS is a 7-time Inc. 5000 honoree as one of the nation’s fastest growing companies.
“People are our greatest asset” is much more than just an expression to GeBBS. We make every effort to foster an environment where our teams can find an ideal balance between work and fun. Employees at GeBBS believe in being client-centric, open and ethical, innovative, and outcome-driven.
Equal Opportunity Employer
GeBBS is an equal opportunity employer and believes in creating a supportive and diverse workplace. We want to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, the Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate.