Kaylie Crowers, CPC, CEDC
1403 Trails of Katy Ln
Katy, TX 77494
Cell: # 281-686-8386
Objective A hardworking, flexible, and multi-certified individual seeking a position that will utilize as well as expand my current knowledge of coding within a medical office setting or home-based computer.
Round Table Medical Consultants, LLC Oct. 2018 – Present
• Quality Coding Assurance Duty & Responsibility
• Audit/ Report/ Correct Free-Standing Emergency Dept & Surgery Coding Errors & Physician Documentation.
• Audit & Educate ED Physicians on better documentation practices in regards to ICD-10 Detail Requirements & E/M Leveling.
• Stay on Top of “Ever-Changing” Coding Updates – AAPC & CMS.
• Work closely with Management & A/R regarding claim rejections – Coding Error Resolutions.
• Daily Coding of ED Charts
• Assist & Train Fellow Team Members.
• Facility & ProFee – E/M, Critical Care, OBS, Transfers, Fracture Care, Radiology, EKG/Cardiac Monitoring/CPR, Sedation, Pathology (Labs), Infusions, IV/IM Meds, Drugs (HCPCS), Neb Treatments, Minor (Lac Repair, I&D, Foreign Body Removal) & Major Surgeries (Appy, Hernia Repair, Cholecystectomy, etc).
• NDC # & Drug/Procedural Pricing Management – AAPC Coder/Fee Schedule/McKesson
• Urgent Care Coding assistance when needed.
Texas Emergency Care Nov. 2014 – Oct. 2018
Lead Emergency Dept Coder
• Audit/Extract/Code data from Emergency Dept medical records (to include Labs, Procedures, and Radiology) for 5 Free-Standing Emergency Room facilities and 2 Urgent Care Facilities as well as ProFee within a billing office setting utilizing ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS codes.
• Prepare for ICD-10 Implementation on 10/1/2015
• Work closely with the billing and collections personnel in order to bill properly to insurances as well as assist with appeals and corrective claims in regards to coding.
• Supervise Existing and Train New Coding Staff. Review/Correct Coding Errors.
• Post Patient Payments (OTC) & File Claims post-coding.
Visualutions, Inc Oct. 2008 – Nov. 2014
Spring, TX Lead Emergency Dept/ Outpatient Coder
• Audit/Extract/Code data from Emergency Dept medical records (to include Labs, Procedures, and Radiology) for 7 Free-Standing Emergency Room facilities within a billing office setting utilizing ICD-9, CPT, and HCPCS codes.
• Work closely with the billing and collections personnel in order to bill properly to Medicare and commercial insurances as well as assist with appeals and corrective claims in coding.
• Train New Coding Staff and Review/Correct Coding Errors
Dr. Vikram S. Jayanty
Houston, TX July 2008 – Oct. 2008
• Payment Posting, Correspondence, Appeals, and Aging Report
• Medical Records Management
Diagnostic Health Corp. (formerly HealthSouth Diagnostic Center)
Houston, TX Sept. 2000 – June 2008
Team Lead/Radiology Coder
Coding Analyst, Team Lead June 2006 – June 2008
Administrative Assistant July 2003 – June 2006
Interim Administrator Sept. 2004 – Feb. 2005
Patient Account Representative Sept. 2000 – June 2003
• Manage a team of 5 employees within a Centralized Coding Dept. (Home-Based)
• ICD-9, CPT, and HCPCS Coding for Diagnostic Facilities; Extract information from transcribed Medical Reports dictated by Radiologists and code according to specified guidelines.
• Work claim errors related to coding daily; Refile corrected claims for proper payment.
• Payroll Entry, Wage Transfer, Accounts Payable, Inventory Control, Chart Audits.
• Manage Weekly Revenue Reports and End of Month processing.
• Billing, Payment Posting, Account Resolution and Appeals.
• Insurance Verification, Pre-Certifications, Patient Registration, Scheduling, Deposits, Medical Records.
• Educate New and Existing Staff Members on implemented policies and procedures.
• Assist sister diagnostic facilities in training new Business Office staff members.
West Memorial Family Practice
Katy, TX July 1999 – Sept. 2000
Medical Assistant / Front Office Clerk
• Front Office- Patient Registration, Appointment Scheduling, Insurance Verification, OTC Collections, Referral Processing, Charge Posting and Medical Records.
• Back Office- Patient Triage, Medication Administration (oral and injection), Phlebotomy, Assist Physicians with Patient Procedures, Prescription Authorization and Verification.
• AAPC Coder, Centricity, EPowerDoc EMR, T-Systems EMR, Athena EMR, ER Coder, Practice Velocity, IDX, Dalcon, HBOC, Medic, Medisoft Microsoft- Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Education Texas School of Business Houston, TX Oct. 1998 – April 1999 Houston Community College Houston, TX June 1997 – Dec. 1997
Mayde Creek High School Katy, TX Aug. 1993 – May 1997
August 2015 CEDC Certification (AAPC)
June 2015 ICD-10 Certification (AAPC)
February 2007 CPC Certification (AAPC)
October 2005 HealthSouth Certified Coder
*References available upon request*
Please enable the bookmarks plugin to activate this feature.