NYC Department of Education Bronx, NY (January 2014 – Present)
Provides instructional services to students under the general supervision of a certified teacher. Proving academic and behavioral support to students in special education and early childhood.
Riverview Medical Associates, Bronx, NY (September 2019 – Sep. 2021)
Medical Coding Specialist
- Accurately coded records in accordance with established ICD-10-CM and CPT coding guidelines.
- Abstracted info from patient medical records and/or operative reports and entered coded clinical data into the system.
- Reviewed medical records to ensure compliance with proper coding and documentation.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of ICD 10, CPT, and HCPCS coding for various specialties.
- Corrected and resolved coding-related denials and rejections identified through insurance denials, claim rejections and compliance edits.
Lenox Hill Hospital New York, NY (October 2011 – June 2013)
Responsible for registering patients to ensure data collected is correct for the purpose of the hospital record and billing. In charge of greeting patients and managing their personal information, ensuring its accuracy and respective insurance information.
Highlights of Expertise
- Medical Coding/ Billing / CPC
- Research / Analysis
- Risk Adjustment Coding/ CRC
- Billing Software/ MS Office Suite
- Problem Solving / Issue Resolution
- HIPAA Regulatory Compliance
- Insurance Verification & Authorization
- Event Coordination / Leadership
Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis High SchoolSeptember 2006 - June 2010High School Diploma
ABC Training CenterMarch 2019 - September 2019AAPC Certified Professional Coder
Excellus Medical Billing and CodingFebruary 2022 - April 2022AAPC Certified Risk Adjustment Coder
Currently enrolled and expected to be certified by April 2022.
Please enable the bookmarks plugin to activate this feature.