Detail-oriented and quality-focused professional with advisory and leadership qualities, organizational and specialized skills acquired in the industry able to multitask in any area of Health Information Management.
Skill and qualifications:
Understands conventions and guidelines to ICD-10 CM/PCS and CPT
Understands the application of reimbursement systems i.e. DRGs, APGs
Understands the fundamentals of diseases process.
Demonstrates ethical coding practices by adhering to official guidelines and the American Health Information Management Standards for Ethical Coding.
Health Information Management:
Understands the importance of maintaining ethical and legal standards in records keeping.
Understands the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of patient information.
Understands the work process of a Health Information Management
Submitting Charges and following up on claims submitted
Submitting claims to clearinghouses
Processing denials and appeals
Computer skills: 3M, Meditech, Epic, Solomon, MS Office, QuickBooks, Various EHR systems such as EmedPractice, Eclinicalworks, Trinity, and Ederm.
Registered Health Information Technician RHIT
February 2021 to February 2023
Certified Coder Associate CCA
April 2019 to April 2023
Associate in Health Information Technology
Broward College – Coconut Creek, FL August 2019 to December 2020
Atlantic Technical College – Coconut Creek, FL August 2018 to June 2019
Broward Health Medical Center – Fort Lauderdale, FL April 2019 to June 2019
Overview of the Health Records Department duties such as assembling, storage, and analysis of the medical records.
Reviewing clinical documentation and assign medical codes following the guidelines in both settings, outpatient, and inpatient.
Conviva Starr Centre – Tamarac, FL June 2020 to September 2021
- Reviewing medical records and decipher if they are accurate and complete, accurate and in support of patient risk adjustment score accuracy
- Interacting with physicians and assistants to ensure accuracy.
- Ability to recognize, develop, and implement all deficient quality measures.
- Generate clinical recommendations based on the patient’s medical history and their condition.
- Reviewing for clinical indicators and query providers to capture the severity of illness of the patient.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality and information security
Integrated Dermatology – Boca Raton, FL July 2019 to August 2020
- To coordinate, implement, and manage all EDI-related developments for the company.
- Analyzing and designing specifications used for enhancements and extensions in EDI applications, interfaces, and mappings.
- Interaction with Clearinghouses and payers for EDI and billing-related issues.
- Assisting in medical claims submission and follow up with denials and appeals.
Charles Coding Consultant – May 2019 to December 2019
- Review complete charts including progress notes and flag definitive risk-adjustment diagnoses.
- Document found diagnoses with respective codes and location of definitive diagnosis.
- Review post-visit progress notes, ensuring supporting documentation and ICD-10 codes are accurate.
- Ensure all significant chronic conditions are identified and documented in patients’ charts to ensure that the Clinical Provider can discuss conditions during patient visits.
- Obtaining referrals and pre-authorizations as required for procedures.
- Reviewing patient bills for accuracy and completeness and obtaining any missing information.
- Preparing, reviewing, and transmitting claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing.
- Following up on unpaid claims within the standard billing cycle timeframe.
- Checking each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract discount.
Customer Service Coordinator
Comcast – Sunrise, FL January 2016 to December 2016
- Scheduling appointments, typing memos, answering inquiries, generating, and maintaining databases, and accumulating various reports.
- Coordinating the functions of different departments of the company to ensure that they are fulfilling their duties and helping in the smooth operation of office business.
Medical Records /Receptionist
Miami Comprehensive Medicine Group – Miami, FL December 2014 to December 2015
As Medical Records Specialist,
- Handle medical charts and work closely with front office personnel and provider’s staff.
- Responsible for inserting all other documents in patients’ charts following program requirements, policies, and procedures established at the direction of the clinical staff.
- Keep patients’ medical records up to date, and make sure that their information is available to medical staff when need it.
- Mail out requests for records when presented with a properly completed medical release.
- Make copies of records in response to in-coming medical releases.
As Medical Office Receptionist, responsible for basic clerical tasks such as
- Answering phones, greeting patients and visitors, and scheduling appointments in a professional and timely manner.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religious, and economic status.
- Coordinate and organize appointments and documentation to facilitate the smooth running of the healthcare environment and support the delivery of quality patient care.
- Insurance verification.
Broward College8/2019 - 12/2020Health Information Technician
Atlantic Technical College8/2018 - 5/2019Medical Coder and Biller
Please enable the bookmarks plugin to activate this feature.